Email marketing is an effective strategy for virtually every business, but there are ways you can improve your content to increase customer engagement. Videos are one way you can connect with your customers, and email is a practical strategy for getting them in front of people.
Video email marketing gives you the opportunity to share information with your customers that’d otherwise be difficult to share on most digital channels. It can be challenging to decide whether to implement videos or not, but a list of video email marketing statistics shows how important it is.
With the right strategy, you can add video email marketing to your marketing plan to see a boost in your performance metrics.
In addition to video statistics, here are other email marketing statistics for 2020 you might find useful.
What is video email marketing?
Video email marketing is simple—you create email campaigns that feature videos as a way to communicate with your customers. There are a few approaches to using video in your email campaigns. Specifically, you need to consider which of these methods you’ll use:
- Embedding the video: if you want your video to play directly from the email, you can embed one in most email tools. However, this is the least effective way to increase views, as only a few email service providers allow videos to play within messages.
- Hosting the video: if you have your own website, you can host the video and create a landing page for it. When you create your email campaigns, you can include a thumbnail of the video and a link back to your landing page. This can increase views and site visits.
- Uploading the video: if you don’t want to use either of those options, you can upload your video to one of many video hosting platforms, like YouTube or Vimeo. You may be able to add those directly to your website or landing pages as well.
Whichever method you decide to use, it’s a good idea to consider your media limits. This will help you decide the quality and length of your video.
Why is video email marketing important?
Email marketing is lucrative, but the most effective emails contain 50 to 125 words in their body content. This means that longer messages aren’t as likely to be read. You can create videos that contain a lot of information while keeping the text in your emails relatively short. This makes a video in email especially important for companies that have a lot to say. Best database provider | Whatsapp number lists
Combine your account with Salesforce using the #1 integration, and experience better email.
Part of creating an effective video email marketing campaign Bolivia WhatsApp Number List is knowing what kind of video you want to use. To make the biggest impact, you want to provide value. Consider these common types of videos:
- Animated videos
- Brand videos
- Case studies and testimonials
- Demo videos
- Educational videos
- Event highlight videos
- Industry updates
- Live videos
- Product videos
- Team videos
With the right approach, you can combine an effective email subject line with concise content and a link to a killer video with a compelling CTA.
Surprising video email marketing statistics you need to know
If you still aren’t sure whether video content is right for your business, just review this list of video email marketing statistics for insight into how it can help boost your open, click, and conversion rates.
- Almost 90% of online marketing professionals use video in their marketing campaigns. (Wordstream)
- Marketers can see 66% more solid leads every year when they use video. (SmallBizGenius)
- In a single month, more videos are uploaded than the biggest American television networks created in three decades. (Wordstream)
- A video thumbnail can improve subscriber engagement by almost 41% when it’s included in an email. (Backlinko)
- The word “video” in an email subject line can increase open rates by 6%. (SuperOffice)
- Almost 25% of digital marketers have previously used an interactive video. (SmallBizGenius)
- People view more than 50% of their videos on mobile devices. (Wordstream)
- Video can increase open rates by 19% and click rates by 65% while reducing unsubscribe rates by 26%. (Campaign Monitor)
- An annoying voiceover can cause up to 75% of consumers to leave a purchase behind. (SmallBizGenius)
- Over 90% of people who watch videos on their smartphones share them with their network. (Wordstream)
From increased open rates to a boost in revenue, these video email marketing statistics highlight how video is a critical strategy for ecommerce stores that want to improve customer acquisition and retention rates.