Are you staying in touch with your customers? Or are they dormant in your database?
While email marketing remains the most effective digital marketing tactic, it continues to evolve in order to meet your customers’ expectations.
Traditional email will always be an important piece in the puzzle; however, the smartest brands are now taking advantage of personalized automated email campaigns.
Not only are automated email campaigns personalized, but they’re also timely and more relevant to the customer. Automation delivers email to the right person, at the right time, and with the right message. Companies that adopt automated email campaigns usually increase sales by 14.5%.
If you’re also looking to increase your customer lifetime value, then keep reading! We’re going to look at how automated email campaigns can help you achieve this.
What is an automated email campaign?
Email marketing automation is based on workflows that are set up to automatically send an email based on the action of a customer. Like subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or clicking a CTA.
Where traditional emails are sent manually and in mass quantity without personalization, automated email campaigns are triggered by the individual and include content based solely on their interactions with you online.
Why are automatic email campaigns important?
Automated emails are useful for marketers because it eliminates the time-consuming task of developing, sending, and managing email workflows. For example, let’s say you want to send an email to someone who recently subscribed to your newsletter.
The ideal next course of action will be to initiate a relationship with them. Your first email to them may include loads of information about your company, products, resources, and maybe even a discount code.
Imagine how extremely time-consuming it’d be to manually develop and send an email to every person that continued to subscribe to your newsletter. Eventually, you might get tired and stop altogether.
This is where automated email campaigns come into play. Once you set up the workflow, and customers take action on your triggers, the email automatically sends without any additional effort on your part.
Still on the fence? These automated email statistics don’t lie:
- Automated emails result in 70.5% higher open rates and 152% click-through rates than traditional emails
- Personalized emails generate 6 times higher revenue than non-personalized
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases
How to create an automated email campaign in Campaign Monitor
With Campaign Monitor’s journey designer, you’re able to deliver relevant emails at key moments to keep your brand top of mind with customers.
We lay everything out for you so you can skillfully design campaigns with a “set it and forget it” strategy in place, allowing you to focus on other important things, like growing your brand.
First, navigate to the Automation section in your account and select Create a new journey. Then, name your journey, select a list to be sent to, and choose a trigger. Triggers include:
Once these fields are established, you can begin personalizing the journey by clicking the + button and adding journey steps. There are three steps to choose from: Delay, Email, and Condition.
- Delay: put a delay between emails in minutes, hours, days, weeks, and monthly increments. This helps to space out the sequence to avoid customers becoming too overwhelmed. It’s also important for condition-based journeys.
- Email: email steps define the actual content of each message within the journey. You have the option to send the email to everyone on your list or specific segments for a more hyper-personalized approach.
- Condition: based on defined rules, you have the option to split a journey into two paths. The subscribers who follow the rule will go one on path and the others on a separate journey.