Site visitors bring huge potential to your sales marketing funnel.
You’ve sent dozens (maybe hundreds) of emails, posted on various social media channels relentlessly, and optimized your SEO and content to perfection. That’s all paid off by driving traffic to your website—traffic that can actually convert.
But what do you do when a visitor goes to leave the site without subscribing or taking action?
This is a golden opportunity to engage with your site visitor and turn them into an email subscriber.
Read on to discover how exit intent works, as well as some strategies and examples of exit intent popups in action.
How does exit intent work?
Getting visitors to your site takes time and resources—lots of resources. When they get to your site, you want to leverage every opportunity to convert them into paying customers or subscribers.
That means you need to analyze visitor behavior, like what pages get the most views and when people are most likely to make purchases.
Connect your favorite tools to Campaign Monitor
Seamlessly connect your ecommerce platform, CRM, website and more.
One critical behavior you can take advantage of is exit intent. By reviewing certain visitor actions, you can determine when a potential customer is about to leave your site. The right digital marketing tools look at visitor actions like:
- Where visitors move their cursor
- How far a visitor scrolls through a page
- How long a visitor remains idle
- The activity level of a visitor
- Previous site activity and history
Why is this information important? It gives you a chance Benin WhatsApp Number List to connect with your site visitor one more time, and it doesn’t cost a lot to implement in most cases.
What are exit intent popups?
You know when you’re browsing a website and, right before you close the browser or click on a different page, you get a popup asking you for your email address? Best database provider | Whatsapp number lists
That’s an exit intent popup.
Creating a popup that drives traffic is more than just timing it correctly, though; you want to give your visitors a reason to become email subscribers. Better yet, you want them to become customers.
Common exit intent popup strategies include:
- Offering a discount code or coupon
- Creating a free eBook or guide to download
- Encouraging visitors to read reviews or watch testimonials
- Asking visitors to complete a survey
- Directing them to a new site tool
- Presenting them with items in their cart
The right strategy for your business depends on your goals. A survey can help you optimize your website and a discount code can inspire an immediate purchase.
Capture more email addresses on your website
Why are exit intent strategies important?
When a customer is ready to leave your website, you’ve lost an opportunity. Exit intent strategies help you capitalize on those last few seconds. Whether you want to capture emails for your entire website or just on a specific landing page, exit intent popups are an effective tool.
The most lucrative benefits to effective exit intent strategies are:
- Email list growth: exit intent popups that ask for an email address can encourage 4% to 7% of your site visitors to join your list. That could lead to two new email addresses for every 100 site visitors.
- Improved conversion rates: average conversion rates are 3.09%, but the best popups can have conversion rates from 10% to 60% if you optimize them properly.
- Popup optimization: if you currently collect emails in a sidebar, consider switching to an exit intent popup to see an increase in your list growth as high as 1,375%.
Exit intent is an effective way to expand your email audience and increase your conversion rates. That means it can also improve your digital marketing ROI.